Jansen S. “Scott” Cheek has devoted his career to federal, state, local, and international law enforcement service. For the past 21 years he has focused on training of military, federal, state, and local law enforcement officers. Prior to becoming a full-time police instructor at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri Scott served as a highly decorated Georgia peace officer with the LaGrange Police Department, Douglasville Police Department, and Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Police Department. Prior to entering law enforcement, Scott served in the United States Marine Corps as a Non-Commissioned Officer of Infantry Marines (Sergeant), Designated Scout Sniper, and Drill Instructor. As a federal law enforcement trainer, he has held the following positions:
- Course Manager, U.S. Army Civilian Police Academy, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Master Instructor, Police Intelligence Operations Program, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Missouri Sheriff’s Training Academy Coordinator & Senior Vice President, Quality Research Inc., Huntsville, AL
- Master Instructor, Special Operations Branch, U.S. Army Military Police School, Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
Scott has also written and developed law enforcement policy and curriculum. He has conducted classroom and hands-on instruction to thousands of police trainees, police officers, military personnel, and federal agents. He has also managed and supervised subordinate police instructors at multiple levels. In addition, during various sabbaticals from his instructional duties at Fort Leonard Wood, Scott has also served in the following positions:
- International Police Trainer – Grand Marshall Islands, Micronesia
- Research Analyst – Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive Threats, Huntsville, AL
- Anti-Terrorism Officer & Subject Matter Expert in Dar al Harb (House of War – Islam)
- Anti-Terrorism Instructor to U.S. Armed Forces personnel deployed worldwide
- Independent Contractor, Humanitarian Evacuation of Civilians – Varanasi, Orissa, and New Delhi, India
Scott owns and operates Combative Arts and Tactical Shooting, LLC. This firm specializes in training law enforcement officers, dignitary protection agents, anti-terrorism operatives, and faith based security personnel. Courses include the use of force, firearms, edged weapons, and martial arts. Scott is a 7th degree Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu and a NRA handgun and shotgun instructor. He routinely provides policy and subject matter expertise to public and private agencies in the following areas:
- Crimes in Progress
- Police Use of Force
- Law Enforcement Tactics
- Active Shooter Response
- Radical Islamic Terrorism
- Firearms Training & Performance Standards
During his career, Scott has successfully completed 75 specialized military, law enforcement, professional development, and martial arts courses and conferences. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from Columbus State University and successfully completed the U.S. Army Management and Staff College Leadership Program.
Scott resides with his wife Pia on a horse ranch in Lebanon, Missouri. He is available for casework and consulting nationwide.